Kenmore Elite Gets Best Dishwasher Reviews For 2012
While it is a bit on the expensive side, the Kenmore elite gets best dishwasher reviews for 2012. Not only did we find similar reviews at consumerresearch.com, we found several similar reviews by private individuals, so rather than quote one of the consumer organizations, we thought we would share this ladies review since she has absolutely nothing to gain, while also doing a very good job at telling us about this great Kenmore dishwasher. In the end, we will say that her report is indicative of almost every different review we found when it came to the Kenmore elite dishwashers.
While we think the dishwasher is a bit on the expensive side, the prices have come down recently. What we really like about this dishwasher, besides the fact that it cleans so well, is that it is whisper quite! A lot of dishwashers make this claim, but Kenmore has really done it this time. This is a very quite dishwasher and it was so quite in fact that the lady writing this article said that she thought her Kenmore dishwasher was not even working. Here is what Jessica Gottlieb had to say about her Kenmore Elite Dishwasher at www.jesicagottlieb.com:
I was going to title this post Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Review, but that wouldn’t be fair. Y’all know perfectly well that this isn’t a review. Everyone who knows me knows that I’ve been ogling the Kenmore Elite Appliances over the last year and that I’d asked (perhaps begged?) for an Ultra Wash dishwasher to share with y’all.
I wanted this dishwasher because it has a touchscreen, and that’s all I wanted. I knew it was a $2,000 dishwasher so I assumed it would actually get my dishes clean (unlike my previous two dishwashers… not Kenmore) but I didn’t know anything about the features. (Ahem I’m told it’s been reduced by $700+ this month)
I ordered my dishwasher at my local Sears store, which was a shockingly pleasant experience. My last appliances were bought online because I so dreaded the whole sales floor thing, and guess what? There’s nothing to dread. They were super nice and it didn’t take much time at all. That being said, it would have been equally easy to click and order the dishwasher online.
So, about this nerdtastic dishwasher… thank gawd I have a blog because my husband is sick and tired of sentences that begin with, “Did you know that our new dishwasher….” and then he corrects me and says, “your new dishwasher… ” But I know he’s totally into it too because I see him playing with the touchscreen and twirling the arms. Yes arms. If you look at the inside of your dishwasher the chances are that you see one, perhaps two spinning arms. If you look inside of my dishwasher you see this on the bottom.
A few things about the Kenmore Elite Touchscreen Dishwasher:
- The touchscreen is just as awesome as you imagine it to be.
- This dishwasher (and all dishwashers) come with manuals. If you read it they will show you how to load the dishwasher. It will help you.
- There is an actual level in the door that shows you if you need more rinse aid. I cannot believe that every dishwasher in the world doesn’t have this feature. Rock on!
- The energy guide for my washer says that it will cost $23 a year to operate. Holy Effing Efficiency Batman.
- The manual says that you have to heat up the water in the sink next to the dishwasher for it to heat up. Even though this might be true I forget a lot of the time and everything is really very clean. And I’m a clean freak of the highest order.
- To keep your stainless appliances clean simply wipe them down with a hot soapy sponge and dry them with a towel. Next use a few drops of baby oil with a paper towel and wipe the front of the appliance in even strokes. Not only will it shine, but it will repel dirt. Make sure you get unscented baby oil or your kitchen will smell like a nursery.
- There are slots on the basket that separate your silverware. Your spoons won’t nestle together anymore and you’ll be stunned at how little you need to scrape.
You can read the rest of Jessica’s original article here.
Understand that we didn’t make this claim about the Kenmore Elite Dishwasher based solely on this single persons review. We did our homework and this was the consensus across the board. You can see what www.consumersearch.com had to say about the Kenmore Elite here. We chose her review simply because she did such a great job at it and made it interesting at the same time. It can often get boring doing consumer ratings and research, so whenever we can find someone that can do it with flare and style too, we like to cite them where possible.
If you are considering a Kenmore Elite Dishwasher, and you don’t mind paying for it, we think it is a top notch brand. We have one ourselves, although our model is a little older, but it’s been a great dishwasher and we have had zero problems with it other than a clogged drain due to a broken glass, and I fixed that by myself. If you encounter a dishwasher that won’t drain properly, you can follow our lead on how to possibly correct it by reading this post. For all of the reasons mentioned above, the Kenmore Elite gets best dishwasher reviews for 2012 thus far! Normally you can only buy Kenmore directly through sears, but you may have a local appliance store that is authorized to sell them, so shop around and compare some prices where possible. It does appear that the price on this model is falling too, as it’s much cheaper than the $1700.00 cited by Jessica.
Below is an interesting YouTube video we found describing the Kenmore Elite PowerWash technology.